Making "Completely" was a landmark experience for me. In the past years, I have never done all the things I knew to do on the same track - I was always just focused on practicing one skill or another. This time, I did it all:
- Getting inspiration from a real life event in the USA
- Brainstorming arrangements
- Identifying and using a reference track
- Working with someone who could partially cover the producer's role
- Editing timing, silence, and fades
- Comping takes
- Adjusting vocals
- Finding a drummer, tracking, and translating his ideas (see credits)
- Finding a violinist, tracking her ideas, and arranging
- Tracking friends to synthesize a choir
And it took so long! The amount of time spent on this track definitely paid off in terms of satisfaction.
I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all - not just the music, but the entire experience from the events that inspired it to the people whose touch in the music also affected me in a wonderful way.
You can already listen to the song here under the music tab, but I will be offering it as a download along with the rest of the demos I released in the past few months for all supporters of my Patreon project which is my attempt to make this journey we are all on more of a two way street.
Please listen and let me know if you can join my creative team as a listener, supporter, influencer, or other through Patreon.